How To Cancel An iOS Update When It’s Downloading
iOS updates are large in size and take up lots of storage space. With iOS 12 update approaching, most of us will update to the new OS. However, if you want to wait a little longer and wondering how to cancel an iOS update when it’s downloading read on. While you use iTunes to download an iOS update, cancelling it while it’s still downloading is easy. But, on your iPhone or iPad, once the download begins, there is neither a pause, nor a cancel button. Here’s how you can cancel an iOS update when it’s downloading on your iPhone or iPad.
Cancel An iOS Update
- Check if the iOS update is already downloading. I
- If your phone has only detected that a new update is available but hasn’t begun to download it, you don’t have anything to worry about.
- If the update is already downloading and you need to cancel it. Open the Settings app and go to General>iPhone Storage.
- Wait until the phone loads the list of the apps that are installed on your system. This list is sorted by how much space an app takes up. You ought to see the iOS 12 update entry in the list near the top.
- Tap the iOS 12 update
- Then tap the Delete Update button which appears as a prompt.
- Since the download is in progress, you will likely see an on-screen alert telling you the download failed.