How to Return to Chrome’s Old Look
Chrome’s new interface comes with the Chrome 69 update. Entire title bar and even the background tabs takes up the windows accent color. The speed dial icons are rounded. Moreover, the thumbnail previews are gone. If you don’t like the new chrome interface , you can return to Chrome’s old look by following the steps below.
Steps to return to Chrome’s old look
- Open Chrome and paste chrome://flags/ in the URL bar
- This will open the Chrome Flags page. In the search bar, enter the following: UI Layout for the browser’s top chrome
- Open the drop down next to it, and select Normal.
- Restart Chrome or click the Relaunch button.
- This restores the look of the title bar.
- However, this does not change the New Tab page which used to have the thumbnail previews.
- To being back the old ‘New Tabs page’, return to the Chrome Flags page and search for the following: New Tab Page Material Design Icons
- Open the drop down next to it, and set it to Disabled.
- Relaunch the browser and the old look of the New Tab page returns.