MSVCR120.dll Is Missing From Your Computer
If you get the ‘MSVCR120.dll Is Missing From Your Computer‘ error during installation or execution of an EXE file on Windows, here’s how you can fix it. The MSVCR120 missing is one of the most frequent errors encountered. It is a DLL file. A DLL files are library files that execute functions. In addition, they contain certain variables or resources. Most desktop applications and games are built on certain frameworks and these DLL files are associated with these frameworks. In their absence, your system prevents an app dependent on a DLL file from installing or running.
The MSVCR120.dll belongs to the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. If it’s missing on your computer, then something went wrong during the installation of this package. The easiest way to fix it is to download the packages from Microsoft and simply run them.
Steps to Fix MSVCR120.dll Is Missing From Your Computer Error
- Uninstall the program that you want to run.
- Go to Microsoft download website
- Click Download.
- First, download the x64 for 64-bit. Then, download the x86 for 32-bit.
- Note this is very important : Install both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit versions of Visual C++ Redistributable.
- After downloading, double click the downloaded .exe files, and follow the instructions to install both.
- Restart Windows. If that does not solve the problem try the below steps.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box, and press Enter.
- Right click the program that gives the error, then click Uninstall.
- Follow the popup instructions to confirm the delete.
- Restart your computer, reinstall the program, and open it to see if it works.
- Else try running a windows system file checker.
- Type CMD in the search box. Right click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow in the window. Now, and press Enter.
- This process can take some time, and it will try to automatically fix the issues after scanning. So don’t close the window until verification 100% complete. After it’s completed, try to run the program that gives the error to see if it works.Click here for other how tos