r/all – How to hide or filter a sub reddit from /r/All
r/all the front page of Reddit features all the top content up voted in subreddits across the website. Once you start using reddit you realize that not all subreddits are of equal interest to you. As a result, you might want to hide subreddits or filter some of them from r/all to suit your taste. There are two ways to hide subreddits from r/all.
Reddit Enhancement Suite (RES)
Reddit Enhancement Suite – A popular Reddit extension can hide any subreddit of your choice from r/all.
- Open your RES Settings Console, via the cog/gear icon in your user toolbar.
2. Select ‘Subreddits’ in the menu on the left.
3. Select ‘filteReddit’ in the submenu.
4. Switch this feature “on”.
5. Scroll down to the ‘subreddits’ box.
6. Click on ‘+add filter’.
7. Type in the name of the subreddit you want to hide/filter (“/r/SubredditName” and “SubredditName” will both work).
8. Repeat for as many subreddits as you want to hide/filter.
9. Click on ‘save options’ at the top right of the settings box.
10. Done! That pesky subreddit will no longer appear in your view.
- If you have Reddit gold (https://www.reddit.com/gold/about), you can view a filtered version of /r/All.
- Go to your own personal filtered version of the page at https://www.reddit.com/me/f/all.
- Look for the yellow box titled “ALL (FILTERED)” in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Type in the name of the subreddit you want to hide/filter (“/r/SubredditName” and “SubredditName” will both work).
- Repeat for as many subreddits as you want to hide/filter.
- Use your filtered view instead of the default , and never see that pesky subreddit again. (Whenever you click the ‘everything’ button at the left side of your Reddit page, it takes you automatically to your filtered view.)
These options work only for desktop/laptop users of Reddit, not for people using the mobile website. And if you use an app to access Reddit, you’ll need to contact the developers of that app to see if it has any filtering features